Marie Sinadjan is an author, singer-songwriter and musical theatre actress from Cebu, Philippines. She’s always loved theatre and music, as well as trading stories, worldbuilding, and collaborative writing. She has co-written a novel, an urban fantasy based on Norse mythology, and even composed original songs for the series, and her short stories have been published in literary journals, magazines and anthologies. She mainly writes fantasy of the mythology, fairytales and folklore variety, serving them up in a wide range of flavors – like her favorite drink, coffee.
She currently lives in the United Kingdom with her husband, where she’s starting to be active in the local theatre and music scene. She’s also working on a dystopian Ibong Adarna retelling as a nod to her roots, and a young adult fantasy inspired by bees..
Subscribe to her newsletter to receive updates, short stories, and special promo offers!
You can also find her at these haunts:
Spotify • Twitter • TikTok • Facebook • Facebook Reader Group • Instagram •
Vocal • Blog • Amazon • Goodreads • Bookbub • YouTube
- Hotel Fen (August 2021, with Meri Benson)
- SHORT STORIES AND FLASH FICTION IN ANTHOLOGIES, LITERARY JOURNALS AND MAGAZINES
- Coup d’état, Iron Faerie Publishing‘s Mirror Mirror Anthology (October 2022)
- Ground Zero, Fae Corps’ Seeking Stories Adventure Anthology (June 2022, with Meri Benson)
- Falling Star, Paper Lanterns Teen and YA Literary Journal Issue 8 (April 2022)
- Death Penalty, 8Letters‘ Mitolohiya: Liwanag Anthology (April 2022)
- Lemniscate, Hiraeth Publishing’s Drabble Harvest #5: Time Travel Goes Wrong (December 2021)
- FREE TO READ SHORT STORIES AND FLASH FICTION
- The Hotel Fen Archives, Vol. 1 – A collection of flash pieces from the Hotel Fen universe, written in response to a prompt challenge featuring bugs.
- Aerogramme Center’s Mobile Library Volume 2 Issue 1: Mythology
- Twin – A spooky Halloween short.
- Sacrilege – A short piece set in the world of The Queens of Gold and Sunlight, Marie’s upcoming young adult novel. Get a glimpse of the story’s protagonist, Ilda, and the intricacies of her world.
- Perfect World – A spin on Norse mythology’s Idun, the goddess of spring and the keeper of the apples of immortality. It eventually ties up to the Hotel Fen universe, but it’s not a required reading for this tale.
- The Vow – In a town with mysterious marriage rituals, a woman learns what it really means to be a bride.
- The Ruins – Two siblings investigate their parents’ disappearance. A fairytale retelling.
- The Vigil – Campers find an abandoned cabin in the woods with a lone burning candle.
- Much Ado About Nothing – A woman is stranded on a deserted island with a man she says she doesn’t care about. Or does she?
- Meet-Cute Anecdotes – Three very short stories about first meetings and romantic beginnings.
- Dancing Around in Circles – Two “will they, won’t they” very short stories.
- Flirty, Fluffy, Flights of Fancy – Two very short stories about flirty banter and fluffy first dates.
- FREE AUDIO SHORTS
- Firestarter – A grieving young man runs away from home and follows a santelmo. Based on Philippine mythology.
- Death Note – A short story on the complications of love, loss and saying goodbye. Written in response to the Vocal Mother’s Day challenge.
- Artist Horror Stories: The Audience is the Enemy – A musician laments on her strange “fan” situation. A monologue.
- Tactics – A short office romance story told from two perspectives.
- Relationship Status: It’s Complicated – Three very short stories about couples in different stages of relationships.