Hullo, fam! 🥳 I hope June has been nice and warm for you so far! (Or as warm as it could get for those south of the Equator, or those feeling the British weather. 😬)
If you’re free later today, I’d like to invite you to join me and some indie author friends for our first ever Indie Roundtable Read, where we’ll be reading excerpts from our books and drafts! You can tune in to YouTube as it happens at 4pm ET / 9PM BST, or watch the replay at your convenience, with coffee and scones or bagels with clotted cream and strawberry jam. ☕️🥯 (Okay, someone’s clearly fallen in love with her afternoon tea, LOL.)
I’ll be joined by these lovely authors 💕
- Dawn Christine Jonckowski is a writer / editor / dancer / musician / shoe connoisseur and lover of the Oxford comma. She is married to her very own rebel leader and they live with two adorable yet spoiled dogs in Wisconsin under an infrequently seen single sun.
- A creator of worlds, Des M. Astor has a taste for the dark and dangerous. A dark fantasy and horror writer, she aims to shatter certain tropes and turn monsters into heroes. Very violent ones, of course. She also enjoys blending biology into her works. After all, she graduated from University of Connecticut with a Bachelor’s degree in Biology.
- Author, scientist, husband, father, homesteader, philosopher… E.B. Brooks stays busy! He lives in Appalachia with his wife, two children, and many, many pets, in a house they’re building as they go. He’s written a few short stories, but his main creative effort (thus far) has been the Emissary Quintet.
- Kristina Brooks is an author, mother, wife, and homesteader who loves to bring out the magic in everyday life. She posts draft chapters, research notes, and custom stories for her patrons, along with free daily flash fiction for everyone on her Patreon page. She writes in all genres and lengths, but lately her efforts have been concentrated on short stories which she bundles into anthologies.
- Kyle Robertson is a writer, editor, and all-around creative from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. By day, he works in marketing at an online financial college, but his dream has always been to be a full-time writer. He’s also a second-degree Black Belt who enjoys teaching martial arts to the next generation.
- Rebecca Lemke is an audiobook narrator, YA author, artist, formatter, and hobby addict. When she isn’t writing, she is spending time with her husband and son in their Oklahoma farmhouse.
As for me, well… here’s my other surprise! 🙈 One of my entries to a recent writing challenge has been quite well-received that I’ve decided to pursue it further and take it up as one of my next projects. So I’ll be reading the prologue to Broken Wings, my new young adult fantasy WIP, which is about a teenage girl who discovers that she’s a dragon – a creature of emotion – and has to deal with growing pains on top of saving the world. 🐉
I even have a cover already, thanks to my dearest brother Michael 😘 (And in case you guys have forgotten, subscribers to my newsletter can avail of our pay-however-much-you-want book cover offer by simply replying to this email! Yes, the price is up to you. We’re serious – ask Rebecca and Amy Johnson 😉)
Hope to see you there, and in our future sessions! ❤️ You can also follow #IndieRoundtableRead on Twitter for updates and shenanigans. 😉
Got a book you’d like me to review or an author you’d like me to feature? Drop me a line! 💕 You can also subscribe to my newsletter for free short stories, special offers, and writing opportunities.